Frequently Asked Questions
About Our Online Training Courses
- If I purchase the course now, can I start it later?
- Yes, after enrolling in the online course, you can begin whenever you are ready.
- Do I have to complete the course all at one time?
- No, you can login/logout of your course at anytime. Your position in the course will be saved and you will continue from where you last left off when you log in again.
- Can I log in and out of the online course without having to start over?
- Your position in the course is saved as you progress through the course. You will always begin from where you last left off. You have 90 days to complete the Food Manager course, all other courses are 6 months from the date you purchase the course to complete it.
- Will your online course work on my computer?
- Our online certification course will work on almost any computer with Internet access. Prior to beginning the online training, our system will check your computer to ensure it meets the minimum requirements. If your computer does not meet these requirements, you will be instructed on how to continue.
- Can I use a dial-up or modem connection to take the online course?
- Yes, our course works with both dial-up and high-speed internet connections. Our system will detect which type of connection you are using. If you are on a slower connection, you will be enrolled in a low bandwidth version. If you are using a high-speed connection, you will be enrolled in the high bandwidth version. You can toggle between high and low bandwidth versions of the online course by clicking the headphones icon within the course.
- What if I have technical problems while taking the course?
- You can reach us via email & support form Monday - Friday between 8am - 6pm to resolve any technical problems that you may have.
- How do I use another person's credit card to purchase the course?
- Using another person's credit card (with their permission of course) is perfectly acceptable. To do this, enter your information on the Student Information side of the account page. In the Billing Information side, enter the name, address, card number, and other required information for the person whose card you are using. Click Create Account to save this information.
- The payment error says that my credit card number and/or expiration date is incorrect.
- Please return to the "My Account" page and verify your card type, card number and expiration date. Click "edit" to modify your billing information. When finished, click the Continue button at the bottom of the page and then try to purchase the course again.
- The payment error says that my card has insufficient funds on the account.
- You will need to call the customer service number on the back of your credit card to verify that you have the required funds to make the transaction.
- I need a refund.
We will issue a refund for a period of thirty (30) days after the purchase of any product through this website the purchaser may receive a 100% refund so long as all the following provisions are met:
- In full payment has been received.
- The program or course is less than 50% completed.
- No permit or certification has been issued for completion of the course.
- Refund must be issued the same way that payment was tendered.
Please contact Customer support to request a refund.
- I have a duplicate charge on my credit card for this course purchase.
- If the webpage gets refreshed or the back browser button is used during the order processing, a duplicate charge can occur. Please contact Customer Support within 30 days for a refund.
- How do I pay for the online course?
- This site accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
**Please note our system does not accept pre-paid credit cards or pre-paid debit cards unless they are registered online with the information on the back of the card. Our system does not accept gift cards.
- How do I purchase a course with a Corporate Voucher?
If you are using a voucher number to purchase an exam, follow these steps:
- In the billing section, select Corporate Voucher from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the voucher number in the account number field.
- Continue through the purchase process.
- My voucher code isn't working.
- Click on the My Account link at the top of the web site, then click "Modify Account" in the left sidebar. Re-enter your code in the billing section EXACTLY as it was given to you. If this does not work, contact your Agency or Agency Counselor to have a new code issued to you.
- I need financial assistance.
- Contact your Agency or Agency counselor to inquire about various payment options and course discounts.
- I already registered and enrolled for the course but the system is asking me to register and enroll again.
If you have already registered for the course and are trying to log into your account, you are probably entering your email address differently than you did the first time you registered.
The email address you entered when you first registered is your site username. If you enter it differently when trying to log into your account, the system will not recognize the email address and will treat you like a new student.
Please verify that you are entering the correct email address when trying to log in.
If you still can not log in, please contact customer support.
- I need to register my spouse for a course.
- Every person that takes the online course must create his/her own account and purchase and take the course individually. Each account can be created by using a unique email address for each person.
- I can't remember my password.
- Click here to retrieve your password.
- The course player screen is blank or grayed out.
- If the course player window opens but is blank or grayed out, it is your firewall blocking the course content from displaying. You will need to go into your Internet options and modify your security settings.
- The next button doesn't appear on the screen.
If the next button does not appear at the end of the scene, this usually occurs because you have not performed a required function on that scene.
Check to make sure that you have clicked on all bullet points, yes/no answer options, or more info icons. The next button will not appear until you have performed all of the required actions on the screen.
If you have performed all of the necessary functions and the play button still does not appear, press the F5 key to reload the page.
If this does not work, you will need to delete cookies and files in your web browser.
If the next button still will not appear after following all of the steps above, please contact Customer Support.
- I have a problem opening or starting my course.
- There are several reasons your course may not open. First, the course will open in a new window or tab. Depending on your internet settings, your pop up blocker may block the course from opening. You will need to allow the pop up or disable the pop up blocker.
- When I go to open the course it says I have an unsupported web browser.
This course supports all major browsers except the AOL browser. To use an alternate browser with America Online, follow the steps below:
- Connect to the internet as you normally do.
- Once connected to the internet, click the START button found in the lower, left hand corner of your screen.
- Click PROGRAMS
- In the sub-menu click on INTERNET EXPLORER.
- A new internet explorer window will open. In the URL address bar, enter the learning portal website address as you normally would.
- My course is stuck "loading".
- First, press the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh the page. This will usually correct the loading issue.
- If you have pressed the F5 key and the loading error still occurs, then you will need to "Delete Cookies and Temporary Internet Files" The steps for deleting cookies and files vary based on your internet web browser.
If this does not solve the problem, please contact Customer Support.
- I open the course and see a message about the Adobe Flash Plugin.
- This course requires Adobe Flash to be installed in your browser. Click here to download it.
- I open the course and see a message about Adobe Reader.
- To download Adobe Reader, click here.
- I don't have a case number.
- This support center only handles computer technical support. To discuss your bankruptcy case number, contact your Agency or Agency Counselor.
- I need to get back to the interactive worksheets.
- If the course player window is closed, please click on the green button next to the course title to open the course player window. Click on the Materials section in the course player, and click on "Interactive Worksheets".
- I am unable to open my end of course certificate.
- There is not a printable certificate for the course. For certificate inquiries, please contact your Agency or Agency counselor directly.
- I haven't received my certificate. When will I receive it?
- This support center only handles computer technical support. For certificate inquiries, please contact your Agency or Agency counselor directly.
Security of Your Information
- Is this website safe?
Yes, this site is safe and your information is secure. This site utilizes a GeoTrust SSL certificate enabling up to 256-bit SSL encryption, which is the latest in SSL encryption technology, to ensure your data is secure. 256-bit SSL certificates are the strongest SSL certificates available. GeoTrust is a trusted security partner with a proven track record for reliability and quality and their 256-bit SSL certificates give users an easy way to determine if a site is trustworthy and legitimate. When a user visits a site utilizing a 256-bit SSL certificate, the browser displays a lock at the top or bottom of the browser window.
In addition to offering you the most secure SSL certificate, we undergo a daily 3rd party security audit. The GeoTrust logo (shown in the bottom, right-hand corner of your browser) means our site is tested and certified daily to pass the GeoTrust security scan. This security audit means your data is safe from identity theft and credit card fraud.